Refurbishment to Grade II listed building, Hailey House on the Haileybury school estate.
Haileybury & Imperial Services College
Andrew Morton Associates Ltd
Hailey House, Haileybury, College Lane, Hertford
Pexhurst were instructed to complete the refurbishment to Hailey House a Grade II listed building on the Haileybury school estate, Hertfordshire.
Hailey House is the oldest building at Haileybury, with parts of it forming the building used by the Reverend Thomas Malthus as his home when the East India Company first acquired the estate in 1805.
The Client required the works to be completed on a tight schedule, during the summer holidays before the return of the students in September.
Works consisted of the refurbishment of the common rooms and central staircase, together with the creation of a new laundry facility and matron’s office
During the refurbishment Pexhurst had to phase work in multiple areas at one time, while co-ordinating with the school’s own window repair contractor. Pexhurst worked closely with the Architect to ensure his ideas were achieved.
The refurbishment was completed on time giving the school plenty of time to reinstate furniture and fittings ready for the start of term.